If you are an individual or family looking for assistance, please contact Indiana's Connect 2 Help hotline by dialing 2-1-1 from any phone.
Thank you for your interest in becoming a participating agency at Midwest Food Bank - Indianapolis.
Please note the following requirements for agency participation. If you meet all of these requirements please email a copy of your 501 (c) 3 IRS Letter of Determination to our Agency Coodinator, Don Kakavecos at email@example.com to begin the process.
- Can provide verification of 501(c) 3 status and maintain current requirements
- Serve a minimum of 15 families per week
(Currently we are unable to assist start-up food pantries.)
- Have a Director and an Assistant Director
- Must have email accounts and computer access for communication and reporting
- Maintain freezer and cooler storage to receive frozen and perishable donations
- Maintain current basic records
- Maintain safe food handling procedures
- Must be able to pick-up food 1x per month at our Indianapolis warehouse
- Cannot receive more than 40% of their food from Midwest Food Bank
(We are not to be your only food source. Agency must be able to document from where they are receiving the other 60%)
** Note: Homeless and/or Residential ministries will only be accepted if they provide housing and supportive programs.